Your input is valuable! Please consider responding to the Music and Tourism Survey. This survey aims to take a pulse on how people view our current music ecosystem and share ideas on how to improve it. The survey will take 5 minutes and if you share your contact information you will be entered into a drawing for $50. Your name will only be entered once. Take the Survey!
The South Madison Plan Final DRAFT will be introduced to the Common Council on November 2nd. If you are a resident of South Madison or work in the area, we encourage you to review the Draft and follow the adoption process. The South Madison Plan will be referred to various legislative bodies and the exact schedule will be posted on the South Madison Plan website later next week.
The Community Development Authority (CDA) Selected New Year Investments for a Triangle Redevelopment Partnership to help lead a public-private process to revitalize and/or redevelop a major site within its public housing portfolio in an area of the near west side of the City known as “the Triangle.” Comprised of five separate sites and roughly 340 units, the CDA wishes to begin detailed planning for a phased, long-term approach that will replace or substantially upgrade every unit at the Triangle within the next 5-10 years.
Streets Division Updates:
- The 2022 trash & recycling collection calendar is now available. Get yours today at www.cityofmadison.com/CollectionSchedule. Enter your address into the form. A new tab will open in your web browser. Scroll down to see next year’s schedule.
- Leaf and yard waste collection for the fall is underway. Learn when you should set out your leaves and yard waste so they are picked up by visiting www.cityofmadison.com/YardWaste
- Drop-off site hours change seasonally, so be sure you know when the sites are open before loading your car. Learn the rules for the sites and the hours when they are open at www.cityofmadison.com/DropOffSites
- Remember that large item collection is different. You need to submit a work order before you set the items out for pickup, and remember not to set the items out too early. Wait until the set-out date you chose or the day before the set-out date. Placing items out too early clutters the neighborhood. To submit your work order to get on the large item pickup schedule go to www.cityofmadison.com/LargeItemWorkOrder
- Winter is around the corner. Be sure to sign up for parking alerts, snow plow update emails, and learn about how to salt your sidewalks and driveways correctly at www.cityofmadison.com/Winter.