- Due March 15th by 11:59 p.m. – Madison Arts Commission annual grants of up to $3,000 to support art project are now open https://www.cityofmadison.com/dpced/planning/madison-arts/1592/and a special grant program called “Artists at Work” in the amount of $15,000 – $29,000 to support job creation for the creative sector will soon be posted on the MAC webpage listed above.
- Due February 28th by 5:00 p.m. – The City of Madison 2022 Budget includes $50,000 in grant funds to be distributed by the Madison Food Policy Council. The Madison Food Policy Council is encouraging community groups to apply for SEED Grants. For more information visit: https://www.cityofmadison.com/mayor/programs/food/seed-grants
- The South Madison Reinvestment Strategy for Equity is hiring an Outreach Project Manager ($47,000/year) and three Data Collectors ($20/hr). Visit the UW jobs webpage: https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/ and type in the job titles.
- These positions will help connect South Madison residents to City of Madison development efforts and provide the City with feedback on how their development efforts are impacting the community. The goal is to ensure residents have a say in the City of Madison funded community development efforts in South Madison over the next 10 years. If you are interested or would like to get more information about these positions please contact Abra Vigna at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 608.345.5666 and leave a voicemail with your contact information.
- The City of Madison Traffic Engineering Division is again looking to hire a number of qualified candidates to work part-time as a School Crossing Guard for the remainder of the school year. The position is an integral part of safe walking and biking to school. Crossing Guards help children safely cross the street and serve as a visual reminder to drivers to slow down and follow traffic laws.
Streets Division Updates
Big Changes Coming for Streets Division Drop-off Sites
- March 25, 2022 – The site 1501 W. Badger Rd. closes down until at least the spring of 2023
- March 29, 2022 – The site at 402 South Point Rd opens to replace the Badger Rd facility
- April 4, 2022 – A new weekends and evenings only drop-off opens at 121 E. Olin Avenue.
- The drop-off site at 4602 Sycamore Avenue will not be see any changes.
You can read more about these changes at the Streets Division’s website, www.cityofmadison.com/DropOffSites.