Celebrate the Leopold Community Garden 10-Year Anniversary and Help Plant at the Fiddlehead Fern Sanctuary
- The Leopold Neighborhood welcomes everyone to help celebrate 10 years of its community garden at Aldo Leopold Park this Sunday, October 17th, 3 p.m., 2906 Traceway; then help plant native perennials at the Fiddlehead Fern Sanctuary at 4:00 p.m. The Sanctuary is located along the Cannonball Path near Post Rd. and adjacent to Aldo Leopold Elementary School – 2602 Post Rd. https://www.cityofmadison.com/news/come-to-leopold-neighborhood-this-sunday-afternoon-to-plant-and-celebrate
Let’s Talk Streets Community Survey – Phase 2 – Closes Sunday October 17th
- Please take a short survey about our city streets. This survey builds on what we have heard from the community so far on our shared values for streets. We would like to know more as we develop those shared values in a way that can guide decisions about streets and transportation. Take the Survey: www.cityofmadison.com/transportation/initiatives/lets-talk-streets
Vision Zero Continues
- Vision Zero is a data driven strategy intended to eliminate traffic deaths and severe injuries on City streets by 2030 while increasing safe, healthy, equitable mobility for all. For more information about the City of Madison’s Vision Zero initiative and to sign up for Vision Zero news updates, please see www.cityofmadison.com/visionzero
South Madison Plan Review and Comment by 4:30 p.m. October 18th
- The first complete draft of the South Madison Plan is now available for public review and comment at www.cityofmadison.com/dpced/planning/south-madison-plan/3150/. Submit comments and complete the related survey by 4:00 p.m. on October 18th.
Junction Ridge Park Oasis Opening October 23rd, 12-4:00 p.m.
- Junction Ridge Neighborhood will put the finishing touches on its new Neighborhood Oasis at Junction Ridge Park, 8502 Elderberry Rd, Madison, WI 53717 on Saturday, October 23, 12:00 p.m. (rain date is Sunday, October 24). Work will be followed by a celebration at 3:00 p.m.. There will be a patio with seating, surrounded by native plants. There will also be a small prairie with interpretive signs and welcome signs at park entrances. Funding sources included H&R Block Foundation, area residents, the Planning Division’s Neighborhood Grant Program, among other sources.
28th Annual Madison Compost Bin Truckload Sale October 23rd
- RainReserve will hold the 28th annual Madison compost bin truckload sale on October 23, 2021 at the Garver Feed Mill (3241 Garver Green). Pre-orders are now available. The location provides easy pick-up and experts will be on hand to answer questions.
Streets Division Updates
- Collection of fall yard waste has begun. Learn when to set out your yard waste for pickup by going to www.cityofmadison.com/yardwaste.
- Drop-off site hours are different this year. Be sure you know what the hours are before loading your vehicle. Learn the hours and more at www.cityofmadison.com/DropOffSites.
- Remember: large item collection is different! You need to schedule your large item pickup before you place items on the curb at www.cityofmadison.com/LargeItemWorkOrder
- Winter is coming. Get the information you need about winter parking, snow plowing operations, correct salt usage, and more at www.cityofmadison.com/Winter.
- October has arrived! Remember to focus on walking, wheeling or rolling your way around Madison. Learn about all of the ways you can participate and encourage everyone else you know to get into the groove by visiting www.cityofmadison.com/trafficEngineering/Walk-tober.cfm