- Presentation on the 2022 Madison-Kanifing Sister City Visit – Tuesday at 5:30pm: We hope you can join us on Tuesday, February 28, 2023, for the Madison-Kanifing Sister City Visit Presentation! This event will meet in a hybrid format and starts at 5:30 pm.
- In person: City-County Building, Room 201
- Livestream: https://media.cityofmadison.com/mediasite/showcase/madison-city-channel/channel/common-council
- Public Input Meeting: Fraust | Harvey Schmidt | Heifetz Parks, 03/02/2023 Virtual – Zoom: The City of Madison Parks Division is continuing the process to create a master plan for each of the former Town of Madison parks: Fraust, Harvey Schmidt and Heifetz parks. A master plan provides a big-picture overview of each of the park parcels and includes community input. Neighbors are invited to attend a virtual Zoom meeting as we gather your input on the existing and desired uses and amenities at each park.
- Winter Family Night on Lake Mendota, 03/01/2023: Bring your family down to Outdoor UW for a fun filled evening of skating (or snowshoeing if lake ice conditions make skating impossible)! This event will be filled with all the laughter, music, and games that your family needs to enjoy the Wisconsin Winter at Memorial Union. Our staff will teach you everything you need to know to get outside this winter. Beginners are welcome!
- Bird & Nature Adventures | Tenney Park 03/04/2023 Tenney Beach: Nature-expert guided walks in Tenney Park along Lake Mendota and the Yahara River Parkway bike path through the Madison Isthmus are free, family-friendly and held the first Saturday of each month, from 2:30-4pm. The walk begins at the Tenney Beach parking lot, 1330 Sherman Avenue.
- Bird & Nature Adventures | Cherokee Marsh, North 03/05/2023 Cherokee Marsh – North Unit: Cherokee Marsh is Madison’s largest conservation park with three units – North, South, and Mendota. Each month, year-round we explore the north unit’s beautiful trails through the woodlands, wetlands, and restored prairies along the Yahara ‘Catfish’ River.
- 9th Annual Latino Art Fair, Friday, March 3, 5:30pm – 7:30pm: Celebrate the rich roots of Latino art in culture at the 9th Annual Latino Art Fair! Talented artists from throughout South Central Wisconsin will exhibit and sell their artwork, including paintings, photography, pottery, jewelry, music and more.
Save the Date
- FREE HUD-APPROVED HOMEBUYER EDUCATION CLASS (IN PERSON) – SATURDAY MARCH 18TH: The City of Madison, in partnership with the Home Buyers Round Table of Dane County and Consumer Credit Counseling Service, want to share with you our next HUD Approved Homebuyer Education class of 2023 for the month of March! 2023 class schedule is up and you can find it here: https://homebuyersroundtable.org/events/list/?tribe-bar-search=education (there is a class every month this year, both virtual and online)!
- Madison Arts Commission Annual Arts Grants Opportunity 2023-24: The City of Madison is pleased to announce that applications are now open for art grants that provide support for projects that enrich the cultural landscape of the City.
- Snowplow Names Election Results: The Streets and Engineering Division are happy to announce the winners of the snowplow equipment naming election.
- Wisconsin Book Festival Kicks Off 2023 Season Under New Leadership: The Wisconsin Book Festival begins its spring season on Sunday, February 19, under the leadership of newly named Director Jane Rotonda.
- City Partners with Centro Hispano on New South Madison Facility with Land Swap Deal and Early Investment: The City of Madison is proud to celebrate with partner Centro Hispano as the nonprofit breaks ground on its brand new building this Wednesday, February 22 at 3 pm.
- Mayor’s Purchase Award granted for a portrait of activist, leader, & public servant Dick Wagner : City of Madison Mayor Satya Rhodes Conway selected a portrait of Dick Wagner by Rae Senarighi, aka Transpainter, for the 2022 Mayor’s Purchase Award.
- Atwood Avenue Reconstruction Project Begins: (MADISON, Wis.)–The reconstruction of Atwood Avenue from S. Fair Oaks Avenue to Cottage Grove Road is officially underway.